The County Treasurer holds the office of Public Trustee and is responsible for processing Release Deeds of Trust and Foreclosures on Deeds of Trust.
The Ouray County Public Trustee also serves as Treasurer.
Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases in Ouray County and the region, the Public Trustee's Office will be closed to in-person access beginning Monday, November 23, 2020; however, County staff is still working.
For more information, call (970)325-4487.
- Foreclosure deposits (to be applied to fees and expenses) - $650
- Release Fees:
- Release Deed of Trust First Page - $28
- Per each additional page - $5
- Delinquent Taxes Interest Chart
Release Deed of Trust
- Public Notices (postponed foreclosures, tax lien sales, delinquent taxes, etc.)
- Foreclosure Cure Brochure
Along with the proper fee, the following is required to execute Release Deed of Trust:
- Original note marked "paid in full", signed, and dated, or indemnification by entities as described in CRS 39-39-102.
- Original deed of trust; if it cannot be obtained, a copy is satisfactory.
- Notarized completed Release Deed of Trust.
- Release Deed of Trust with Evidence of Debt Instructions
- Release Deed of Trust with Evidence of Debt Form
- Release Deed of Trust without Evidence of Debt Instructions
- Release Deed of Trust without Evidence of Debt Form