The County Treasurer holds the office of Public Trustee and is responsible for processing Release Deeds of Trust and Foreclosures on Deeds of Trust.
The Ouray County Public Trustee also serves as Treasurer.
Effective April 12, 2021 County Facilities will reopen to the public. Please avoid entering facilities if you have a cough or fever. Non-medical face coverings worn over the nose and mouth are required in all County facilities. Patrons to all County facilities may be limited in number for the purpose of conducting County or Court business based on the business purpose and facility size. You may be asked to wait outside. County Staff appreciates the public's patience and understanding as they work through these new procedures. These times are undoubtedly challenging, but staff is excited to once again be able to see the public and serve our community members in person. Click here for more information regarding facility specific guidance and more information.
- Foreclosure deposits (to be applied to fees and expenses) - $650
- Release Fees:
- Release Deed of Trust First Page - $28
- Per each additional page - $5
- Delinquent Taxes Interest Chart
Release Deed of Trust
- Public Notices (postponed foreclosures, tax lien sales, delinquent taxes, etc.)
- Foreclosure Cure Brochure
Along with the proper fee, the following is required to execute Release Deed of Trust:
- Original note marked "paid in full", signed, and dated, or indemnification by entities as described in CRS 39-39-102.
- Original deed of trust; if it cannot be obtained, a copy is satisfactory.
- Notarized completed Release Deed of Trust.
- Release Deed of Trust with Evidence of Debt Instructions
- Release Deed of Trust with Evidence of Debt Form
- Release Deed of Trust without Evidence of Debt Instructions
- Release Deed of Trust without Evidence of Debt Form