The Ouray County Treasurer also serves as Public Trustee
Helpful Links, Documents, and Forms
Please be advised that the Ouray County Treasurer & Public Trustee and staff cannot give legal advice. Parties in need of legal advice are encouraged to conduct their own investigation into the release and/or foreclosure process and/or seek legal counsel in the private sector.
Ouray County offers two "dropbox" locations for residents to drop-off property tax payments.
- Ouray City Offices (near the flagpole) - 320 6th Avenue, Ouray, CO
- Ouray County 4-H Event Center - 22739 Highway 550, Ridgway, CO
- Near the Colona "welcome" sign, 35 Hotchkiss Ave (County Road 1), Colona, CO 81403
The Ouray County Treasurer is responsible for:
- Collecting property taxes. Property values are determined by the Ouray County Assessor.
- Disbursing monies for obligations of the county on the orders of the Board of County Commissioners
- Disbursing taxes to the taxing authorities (school districts, cities / towns, the county, special districts, etc.).
- Investing the county's financial resources
- Mailing property tax statements to the owner of record
- Maintaining correct and proper accounting of all monies
- Receiving monies from county departments