*** NEW BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION REQUIREMENT! OURAY COUNTY IS NOW REQUIRING THAT ALL PLANS SUBMITTED FOR A BUILDING OR SEPTIC PERMIT BE SUBMITTED IN ELECTRONIC PDF FORMAT (THIS IS IN ADDITION TO THE 3 HARD COPY SETS THAT ARE ALSO REQUIRED).
OURAY COUNTY RECENTLY ADOPTED THE 2018 I-CODES INCLUDING THE IRC AND IECC!
COVID-19 - Click here to read about construction guidance as it pertains to COVID-19
Ouray County had adopted the 2018 International Building Code, 2018 International Code, and the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code. To see the resolution Adopting these codes, please click here.
Hours for the Ouray County Building Inspector are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. All inspection requests must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the requested inspection date / time. To schedule an inspection please call 970-318-0021.
New Solar Permitting
Ouray County has adopted a new policy for permitting residential solar/PV systems. Please click here for the new permit application form.
Specific building-related questions should be made directly to the building inspector. Nontechnical questions (zoning, setbacks, fees, etc.) should be referred to the Planning Department, available at the same number.
- Building Permit Reports
- Building Permit Fee Schedule - (This Fee schedule is for estimating purposes only. Please contact the Land Use Department to obtain a valid estimate on building permit costs.)
- What requires a building permit?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) about Building Permits
- Applications and Forms
- Before You Buy or Build
- Note to Prospective Buyers
- IECC Certificate
- Climatic and Geographical Design Criteria
- Guide to Visual Impact Regulations
- Minimum Dwelling Standards