Short Term Rental Permitting

Effective January 1, 2017, all property owners currently engaging in, or desiring to engage in, the short-term rental of a legal residence in unincorporated Ouray County must first apply for a Short-Term Rental Permit from the Ouray County Land Use Department. Short-term rental permits are limited to a maximum of #100 permits issued. Please call the number below to find out if any unissued permits are available. If all permits are issued, the Land Use Department will maintain a waiting list of 5 pending applicants. The latest update by the County Commissioners of the regulations affecting short-term rentals is found in Ordinance No. 2018-003 (effective as of 1/5/19) and can be viewed by clicking here.

Property owners with accessory dwelling units or ‘ADU’s’ should be aware that they may be required to pay additional tap fees to the applicable water provider.

Any questions regarding short-term rentals or any land use/zoning issue should be directed to the Land Use Department by calling: (970) 626-9775

Contact Us

  1. Physical Address:
    111 Mall Road
    Ridgway, CO 81432

    Mailing Address:
    PO Box 28
    Ridgway CO 81432

    Ph: 970-626-9775


    Monday - Thursday
    8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

    Land Use and Planning Department