Ouray County Housing Advisory Committee
Ouray County Housing Advisory Committee (OCHAC)
Established through the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between the City of Ouray, the Town of Ridgway, and Ouray County Establishing a Multijurisdictional Housing Advisory Committee in 2016 and amended in 2018. The Ouray County Housing Advisory Committee (OCHAC) is not a housing development or management body; the Committee serves only in an advisory capacity.
- OCHAC Five-Year Strategic Plan - In 2016, the City, Town and County tasked OCHAC with creating a Five Year Strategic Plan. The Plan was completed in 2018 after an information and data collection process.
- Public Forums - Together with other local and regional organizations, OCHAC frequently hosts public forums related to home renters, buyers, builders and developers, and land use and zoning regulations. Check back for announcements of upcoming forums.
- "Draft" OCHAC Task List
|Name||Jurisdiction Represented||Appointment Date||Term Expires|
|Don Batchelder||Ouray County - Board Member (2 year term)||Email Don
||January 13, 2017||January 2020|
|Bette Maurer||City of Ouray - Board Member (2 year term)||firstname.lastname@example.org||January 2018||January 2020|
|Robb Austin||Town of Ridgway - Board Member (2 year term)||email@example.com||June 2019||July 2021|
|Andrea Sokolowski||Joint Member At Large (1 year term) filled unexpired firstname.lastname@example.org||July 2018||July 2019*|
|Shirley Diaz||Joint Member At Large (1 year term)||email@example.com||January 2018||January 2020|
- What is Each Entity Doing?
- Financial / Funding Resources
- Resources for Home Seekers and Developers
- Ouray County Housing Resources - prepared by Town of Ridgway
Builders / Developers:
- CO Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) Grant and Loan Programs for Developers
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Housing Service