Retail Food Inspections

Retail Food Inspections


This page lists regulations related to food safety. Official copies may be available by vising the Secretary of State's website for state regulations, or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for federal programs. 

Food Safety

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment regulates, inspects, and provides technical guidance to food retailers in Ouray County. You can also reach them by calling 303-241-4565. 

  • Foodborne Illness - If you think that you got sick from a restaurant: call Ouray County Public Health at (970) 325-4670 or visit the office at 302 2nd Street in Ouray. Resources for health care providers, resources for public health professionals, data and statistics.
  • Food Manufacturing and Storage - Register as a manufactured food facility (including industrial Hemp), renew registrations, contacts and sources.
  • Food Safety for Gardens - Tips for schools, child care and long-term care facilities who utilize gardens as part of their operations. 
  • Hemp in Food - Learn more about using hemp products in food.
  • Restaurants and Grocery Stores Apply for a retail food establishment license, guidelines and resources.
  • Milk and Diary - inspections, regulations manuals illnesses.
  • Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Recalls - Current and recent recalls, updated as new recalls are announced. 
  • Colorado Cottage Foods Act - Food production in private kitchens or homes
  • Fish Consumption - Our partners monitor fish from more that 100 lakes and rivers in Colorado for the presence of contaminants.