- Concealed Handgun Permit
Concealed Handgun Permit
Concealed Handgun Permit
General Information for Obtaining a New Permit or Renewing a Permit
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) allows qualified persons to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP), pursuant to C.R.S. 18-12-201.
Completed applications for a first-time (or more than six months expired) permit must be received in person by appointment only. Do not mail documents. Please be sure to call ahead to make an appointment (970) 325-7272.
- Permit Application
$52.50 Application Fee $30.00 Administration Fee $82.50 TOTAL - check made payable to "Ouray County Sheriff"
- Address Change / Lost or Stolen Form
- CBI Concealed Handgun Permit Reciprocity Information
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Completed Application - You will need to sign the application in front of the Sheriff's Office personnel processing the application. Please do not sign the document until you are present at your appointment.
- Colorado Drivers' License or State ID with current Ouray County address.
- Original Certification for Firearms Training. Acceptable training includes NRA, proof of organized shooting completions, DD-214, or PCS orders. Hunter safety courses and online training classes will not be accepted.
- Sheriff's Office personnel will fingerprint you at your appointment.
To make an appointment, please call (970) 325-7272.
Permit Renewal Requirements
It is the applicant's responsibility to submit for renewal of concealed handgun permit within 120-days before the permit date expiration. If the permit is more than six months expired, a new application form must be submitted along with the new application fee.
Renewal permit applications may be mailed to the Ouray County Sheriff's Office, PO Box 585, Ouray, CO 81427.
For more information regarding renewal of a permit, please contact (970) 325-7272.
LEOSA Concealed Handgun Permit
Under the Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act (LEOSA), qualified retired or separated law enforcement personnel may apply for a Retired / Separated Law Enforcement Officer Concealed Handgun Permit. A retired or separated officer applying for a permit must reside or maintain a secondary residence in Ouray County.
- Retired Officer Application
- $13.00 Application Fee
- Call (970) 325-7272 to set up an appointment and to discuss qualifications.
Justin Perry, Sheriff
421 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 585
Ouray, CO 81427
Montrose Dispatch: 970-249-9110
Monday - Thursday
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.