The Ouray County Assessor's Office is responsible for discovering, listing, and valuing all real and personal property in the county. The Assessor's office is required to reappraise all real property every two years. It is the taxpayers responsibility to inform the Assessor of a change in address.
Find out more about your County Assessor by watching this video:
Effective April 12, 2021 County Facilities will reopen to the public. Please avoid entering facilities if you have a cough or fever. Non-medical face coverings worn over the nose and mouth are required in all County facilities. Patrons to all County facilities may be limited in number for the purpose of conducting County or Court business based on the business purpose and facility size. You may be asked to wait outside. County Staff appreciates the public's patience and understanding as they work through these new procedures. These times are undoubtedly challenging, but staff is excited to once again be able to see the public and serve our community members in person. Click here for more information regarding facility specific guidance and more information.
Online parcel information is available by clicking on the link below.
For more information, call (970)325-4371.
While the Assessor's Office determines the value of property, it does not set the amount of your taxes. Property taxes are are calculated from the mill levies set by the local taxing authorities and collected by the County Treasurer.
Visit the County GIS page for some basic GIS mapping tools and to make GIS data requests.
GIS Parcel Data
- 2021 Abstract and Mill Levies
- 2021 Reval Residential Sales
- 2021 Reval Vacant Land Sales
- 2021 Reval Mining Claim Sales
- 2021 Reval Commercial Sales
- 2021 Reval Timeline Graph
- 2021 Audit
- Change in Address Form
- Classification and Valuation of Agricultural Property
- Disabled Vet Tax Exemption Instructions
- Disabled Veteran Application
- Disabled Veteran Spouse Application
- How Does Your Valuation Equate to Tax Dollars
- Destroyed by Natural Causes
- Property Tax Equation
- Senior Exemption Short Form (Application)
- Senior Exemption Short Form (Instructions)
- Senior Exemption Long Form (Application)
- Senior Exemption Long Form (Instructions)
- Tax Area Map
- Taxing Authority Contacts
- The Gallagher Amendment and the Assessment Ra
- Understanding Property Taxes
- Colorado Assessed Values Manuals Archive 2003-Present
- Ouray County Zip Codes Map
- Manufactured Homes
- Property Valuation & Taxation for Business and Industry
- Rebates, Exemptions, and Deferrals for Senior Citizens, Persons with Disabilities and Active Members of the Nat'l Guard or Reserves